We know summer comes and goes quickly. If you are anything like us, you want to maximize your time in the sun as much as possible. Trust us, we get it. But if you are not super careful of the strong sun, you will likely find yourself with an uncomfortable — and dangerous — sunburn.
Sunburns can be painful. If you unfortunately found yourself with a burn, there are several ways to soothe the skin and help it heal. Here are some tips for treating sunburn:
- Avoid further sun exposure: Let’s start simple. Stay out of the sun while your skin is healing to prevent further damage. If you find that you must go out in the heat, wear protective clothing and use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Cool the skin: The sunburn is going to bring some heat to your skin. Applying a cold compress or taking a cool shower can help reduce the heat and inflammation in the skin. Try to stay away from the hot water to avoid risking further irritation.
- Moisturize: After a burn, it is super important to moisturize so you can reduce the inflammation and prevent peeling. Our high-quality, all-natural ingredients that make up our Sweet Bee Magic can help repair and nourish your skin, easing that after burn.
- Stay hydrated: Make sure to get those eight glasses of water a day! Sunburns can dehydrate the skin, so it's important to drink plenty of fluids to help replenish lost moisture.
- Don't pop blisters: We know it is hard to resist, but it is especially important you don’t pop any blisters that may form from your sunburn. This can greatly increase infection and slow down the healing process. If you do find yourself peeling, Sweet Bee Magic can also help soothe that skin and prevent any further damage.
Sunburns can be painful, but with proper care, your skin can heal quickly. Using sunscreen appropriately will help stop those future painful burns and avoid missing out on any further summer fun!